Q.What are the requirements of opening a personal account with your bank?
A: The requirements are:
• Approved identity Proof like Copy of New Zealand Driver License* or passport along with original for verification. If you are holding foreign passport please ensure that it has valid New Zealand visa.
• Copy of approved address proof like utility bill/ bank statement / tenancy agreement in your name for the purposes of verifying physical address along with original for verification.
• One recent passport size photograph
• IRD Number.
• Minimum opening balance is not necessarily required at the time of Account Opening. Customers can deposit minimum balance via online banking once their account number is advised to them.
*Along with NZ Driver licence, please bring additionally one of below mentioned supporting document:
1. NZ full birth certificate
2. 18+ Card
3. Valid and Current International driving permit as defined in clause 88(1)(b) of the Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Rule 1999.
Q. Can I just walk in and open an account or an appointment is required ?
A. Though every effort is made to ensure that all new account opening request are entertained yet appointments are always welcome. A prior appointment will reduce the waiting time. For taking appointments please call the branch where you wish to open new account.
To know more about the type of accounts you can open, please go to deposit section.
* Terms and Conditions apply
For more information, please visit our nearby branch 114 Dominion Road,Auckland, 726 Great South Road, Manukau or 55, Featherston Street, Wellington